Our reckless media play on human instincts of verbal abuse – often without regard to facts and veracity – such as rumor, lies, and defamation. It perpetuates and spins social dread and suspicion, say, by accusing whomever the credulous public is ready to believe could be our next enemy: Fascists, right-wing extremists, anti-Semitists, jihadists, and just bad Germans. What do we accuse the enemy of? Precisely what we do to him: truth-telling, well-poisoning, and terrorism: “He’s offended our feelings!” How to spot an enemy all by yourself? It is him who exists to annoy us, who represses our goodwill, who begs us for pissing on him. We must immediately disgrace this person in public and drag him to the Court of public opinion.
For whatever political calculi, our Minister of Foreign Affairs, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, believes it is perfectly respectable to stigmatize Islam as a religion of the anti-West, over and over again, like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just like the Europeans once deemed the Slavish race as barbaric, the Chinese race as godless, or the Jewish creed as baby-eaters; only that this time our contempt and ill-will is performed in an almost cult-like conviction that “we European journalists must call our enemies what they truly deserve.” These massive journalistic ‘attack of impugnity’, or shall we say the rampant ‘disrespect for all other traditions and life forms’, must indeed be the surest proof that ‘ultimate freedom’ is humanly attainable: “I feel so free today, I could call YOU the plague of Europe!”
- Tyranny of the Press: They do whatever they want to us!
- German Media Terror: And if anyone says anything back, the press hears nothing
- The dignity of man is inviolable… EXCEPT the press is doing it
- Germany’s unelected media and its press soldiers
- Lügenpresse – The real terror in Germany: The Lying Press vs. the People
- German US-licensed Media: Everyone who disagrees with us is a Nazi
- German Press of matters calls for censorship of its critics
- Lügenpresse: Lying Press fabricates stories with impunity
- Majority of Germans feel sick and tired of daily Media Terror
READ IN ONE ARTICLE:
Thor Tukoll is a pen name of Thorsten J. Pattberg, a German writer and cultural critic. He is the author of The East-West Dichotomy, Shengren, and Inside Peking University.
2015 (c) Thor Tukoll